HOW TO BECOME A GOOD STUDENT

How to become a good student

It is very common when a student loses a test or gets bad grades blame the teacher for that, but the truth, the only guilty is oneself.


When I was at the high school, most of the time, I got good grades; I always did my works, participated in class and studied for my exams, but all that was not enough to be a good student, I needed to do more.

I understood that weather I really wanted to be a good student, I should devoted more time with my studies, to be more autonomous.

When I speak about being autonomous I am referring to spend part of my free time studying, to be more dedicated and concentrate me in my labors, but this does not mean that I cannot do other things, it is matter of organizing my time.

To be autonomous was not an easy task, at the beginning was very hard, to study alone was very boring and sometimes I fell asleep, but then I found a way to study without being bored. I discovered to study it was not necessary to be locked into a room; I could do it in a place where I feel comfortable and relaxed.

Sometimes I met with some classmates to express our doubts, to do our homework, to help each other with our works and at the same time we exchanged gossip.

I think that in the past it was not necessary to depth in the knowledge because the teacher was the only who can know and the students just limited to learn that the teacher said, but the times changed and now we can not limit to the concepts and ideas gave by the teacher, we need to be more conscious, responsible and independents and start to look for improve our knowledge.

It is very important to understand that the teacher is only a guide and the time spent at the school or at the university is just a small part of the long learning process; most of the responsibility falls on the student.

The secret of being a good student is to be the owner of their own learning.

by: Paola Andrea Torres Durán

2 comentarios:



Colombia said...

. I think your article is in good grammar and well-organized.
. It is thoughtful, and your topic sentences do express the meaning of the paragraph as they are supposed to.

keep working!!!
By the way your page it's very nice!
Congratulations

David Alonso said...

Hi Pao..let me tell you that your page is the only one that I like the most, and your articule too, it is very honestly and true all that you wrote in your articule...

you've really surprised me !!!

Congratulations too !!!